Top Mommy Blogs

Top Mommy Blogs
If you like my blog, click above banner and vote!

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Liked this...

I'm reading a book for book club called "Time of My Life" by Allison Winn Scotch. I came across an excerpt and it really struck me...because it happens so often! I am not even sure if there is anything we can do to prevent this...such is life. What do you think?...

"Meg got lost in the shuffle. Lost in the innocuous way that happens when life simply piles up. You grab a friend on her cell phone for two minutes, then promise to call each other back later, but later becomes tomorrow, and tomorrow ebbs into a week, and before you've even realized it, a month has flown by, and you've disengaged yourself from each other's worlds. Which doesn't mean that you don't adore each other, and certainly doesn't mean that when you do cach up that you don't pour out all of the missing details. You do. But for that month or those weeks, you're blind in the nuances that change a person over the course of time, that stack up like dominoes until she's a different person entirely."

P.S. I have edited my last post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, leave me a comment!